Filipino Style Recipe: seafood pasta in olive oil recipe is another simple and low-carbohydrate dish. It is usually consist of pasta cooked and sauteed in a combination of seafood and spices.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 15-20 minutes
Good for 4-6 persons
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 head garlic, minced finely
seafood of choice(shrimp, squid, salmon, mussel, scallop, etc)
500 grams long pasta(I prefer whole wheat pasta)
1/2 cup parsley, chopped
1 teaspoon fish sauce
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 cup basil, chopped(optional)
3-4 pieces ripe tomatoes or 1 can of diced tomatoes, chopped(optional)
1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes(optional)
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese(optional)
1. In a large pot, prepare the pasta based on cooking instructions. Set aside
1. In a pan, heat olive oil and saute garlic, tomatoes and chili flakes over low heat
2. Add seafood and cook for 3-5 minutes over medium heat.
3. When the seafood is cook, add pasta and toss together. Add more olive oil if necessary.
4. Add fish sauce and ground black pepper.
5. Add basil and parsley. Adjust seasoning according to taste.
6. When pasta is cooked perfectly, remove from heat.
7. Top with Parmesan cheese. Serve and enjoy!
1. You may also add 1/2 cup black olives and mushrooms.
Powered by Facebook Comments