Filipino Style Recipe: banana cue is a popular Filipino meryenda(mid-afternoon snack). It is normally a banana deep fried with a coating of caramelized brown sugar.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 15-20 minutes
Good for 2-3 servings
1. In a pot, heat oil until boiling.
2. Gently add the bananas and fry for 3-5 minutes.
3. Add brown sugar and cook for another 5 minutes or until the sugar has melted and caramelize.
4. Remove the bananas one by one and let the oil drip.
5. Skew each banana on bamboo sticks, 2-3 bananas per stick.
1. You may also add cinnamon powder when they are done.
Powered by Facebook Comments