Filipino Style Recipe: fish escabeche recipe(escabecheng isda) is popular dish among Filipinos. Normally the fish comes fried and the sauce is a blend of sautéed garlic, onions, ginger, vinegar, brown sugar, bell peppers, carrots and cornstarch which thickens the sauce.
Estimated time of preparation: 10 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 15-20 minutes
Good for 2-3 servings
1 kilo fish(lapu-lapu, tilapia), washed and cleaned
1 each red and green bell pepper, sliced thinly
1 carrot, sliced thinly
1 large onion, sliced
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1 thumb-sized ginger, sliced thinly
1 cup vinegar
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoons salt
1 tablespoons cornstarch(dissolved in 1/2 cup water)
1 cup cooking oil
2 tomatoes, sliced(optional)
1 tablespoons soy sauce.(optional)
1. Season fish with salt.
2. In a frying pan, heat oil and fry fish until golden brown each side.
3. Transfer the fish to serving plate and set aside.
1. In the same pan, remove used oil then heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
2. Saute the garlic, ginger, onion then add the tomatoes, bell peppers and carrots.
1. Pour vinegar, brown sugar and dissolved cornstarch.
2. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until liquid thickens.
3. Pour the sauce and vegetables over the fish. Serve hot with rice.
(thanks Mr. Neil Montebon for sharing)
Powered by Facebook Comments