Filipino Style Recipe: poqui poqui is a native vegetable ilocano dish. Normally the eggplants comes grilled then peel off. Sauteed with onions, tomatoes and eggs.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 30-40 minutes. Good for 4-5 persons.
4 medium-size eggplants
4 gloves garlic, minced
1 onion, diced
2 medium-size tomatoes, diced
3 pieces egg, beaten
4 tablespoons vegetable oil
salt and pepper to taste
1. Grill eggplants until skin are charred and blister.
2. Let it cool then peel off the skin then chop the flesh. Set aside.
1. In a pan, heat oil and saute garlic, onion and tomato.
2. Add chopped eggplant and season with salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add beaten eggs and continue stirring for 2 minutes but egg should still wet.
4. Remove from heat, transfer to serving plate and serve.
Powered by Facebook Comments