1 (800 grams)whole chicken
1 tablespoon rock salt
75 grams ginger, sliced
2 pieces onions, quartered
6 stalks lemon grass, pounded
1/2 tablespoon pepper
salt to taste
3 liters water
1 tablespoon cornstarch(dissolved in 1 tablespoon water)
hainanese rice (optional)
dipping sauce: ginger sauce, sweet soy sauce and chili sauce (optional)
1. Rub and massage chicken with rock salt for 5 minutes.
2. In a stock pot, add half of the sliced ginger, onions, lemon grass, salt, pepper and water. Bring to boil.
3. Stuff the other half inside the chicken and add into stock pot. Let boil for 40 minutes over medium heat.
4. When the chicken is done, remove from heat and stand for 30 minutes.
1. In a pan, boil 3/4 cup of chicken broth and dissolved cornstarch. Adjust seasoning with salt.
2. Debone the chicken and transfer to serving plate. Pour the chicken with thickened stock then garnish with parsley.
3. Served with hainanese rice, ginger sauce, sweet soy sauce and chili sauce.
4. Served the remaining chicken broth as soup and adjust seasoning according to taste.