Filipino Style Recipe: chicken and pork adobo is another variety of popular Filipino adobo. Usually we serve chicken or pork adobo but in this recipe we will serve them both in one dish. The procedure is also the same in another adobo, we cook chicken and pork in soy sauce, vinegar, bay leaves, pepper corns and another seasonings.
Estimated time of preparation: 10 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 30-40 minutes
Good for 4-6 persons
1/2 kilo pork, cut into serving pieces
1/2 kilo chicken, cut into serving pieces
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup vinegar
1/2 small garlic head, crushed
1 small onion, chopped
4 pieces bay leaves
1-2 cups soda or water
4 tablespoon cooking oil
1/2 teaspoon pepper corns
salt and sugar to taste
1. In a sauce pan, arrange chicken and pork then add garlic, onion, bay leaves, pepper corns, soy sauce and soda then marinate for at least 30 minutes.
2. Cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until meat is tender. Add more water if necessary.
3. When the meat is tender, drain pork and chicken then reserve the sauce. Set aside.
1. On a frying pan, heat cooking oil and fry pork and chicken on all sides until light brown.
2. Drain and return the meat to reserved sauce then adjust seasoning according to taste.
Simmer until the sauce is reduce and start to render oil.
3. Remove from heat then serve with steamed rice. Enjoy!
Powered by Facebook Comments