Filipino Style Recipe: french toast is a breakfast meal. It consist of sliced bread soak in mixtures of eggs, milk, sugar and a dash of salt. Toast with butter over a medium heat. Serve with butter and syrup.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 10-15 minutes
Good for 4-5 persons
10 slices bread(I prefer whole wheat)
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon brown sugar
a dash of salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder(optional)
powdered or confectioner’s sugar(optional)
maple syrup or other syrup
1. In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, cinnamon, salt and sugar then mix until well blended
2. Soak the sliced bread for a few seconds into mixture one at a time then gently turn to coat the other side.
1. In a frying pan, melt butter over low heat.
2. Toast each bread until bottom turns to golden brown then turn the bread over and do the same way.
3. Repeat the procedures for remaining slices.
4. Transfer toasted bread to serving plate, then dust with confectioners’ sugar.
5. Serve immediately with butter and syrup on top together with hot coffee.
Powered by Facebook Comments