Filipino Style Recipe: salmon with tomatoes recipe is another low-carbohydrate dish. It is usually consists of salmon fillets cooked with diced tomatoes, onions, garlic, peppers and lemon juice.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 20-30 minutes
Good for 4 servings
1/2 kilo salmon fillets, cut into serving pieces
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, peeled and diced
2 large tomatoes, diced
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 lemon, juice
2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
1 teaspoon pickled jalapeño peppers, chopped
1/3 cup white wine(I prefer chardonnay)
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped(optional)
2 tablespoons capers, drained(optional)
1. In a bowl, marinate salmon fillets with lemon juice for 10-15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
1. In a saucepan, heat olive oil on medium heat. Saute onion and garlic.
2. Add the tomatoes, lemon juice, lemon zest, sugar, thyme, capers and jalapeño peppers.
3. Simmer on high heat for 5 minutes, add a little water if necessary.
4. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
1. Add white wine and water. Bring to boil.
2. Place the salmon fillets, cover and cook for another 5-10 minutes or until done on low heat.
3. Transfer salmon fillets to serving plate with the sauce.
4. Serve hot.
Powered by Facebook Comments