Filipino Style Recipe: sotanghon(glass noodles) recipe is another pasta dish. Normally the noodles cooked in hot water then top with any vegetables of choice. Pour the sauce with the blend of lime juice and fish sauce.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 15-20 minutes
Good for 4-6 servings
50 grams dried sotanghon(glass noodles)
1 boneless chicken breast fillet
1 carrot, shredded
10 pieces cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup wansuy(coriander) leaves, chopped
3 tablespoons fresh lime or calamansi juice
2 tablespoons fish sauce(I prefer Thai fish sauce)
1 fresh red or green bell pepper, chopped
3 spring onions, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon brown sugar
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a bowl, pour hot water and soak sotanghon noodles then cover for 2-3 minutes or until noodles begin to soften.
2. Drain and rinse in cold water. Set aside.
1. In a frying pan, heat olive oil and saute chicken fillet until cooked.
2. Cut into small pieces and season with salt and pepper.
1. In a bowl, mix together bell pepper, lime juice, fish sauce, brown sugar and spring onions. Set aside.
1. Transfer sotanghon noodles in a large bowl with shredded carrots, cherry tomatoes and coriander leaves.
2. Top with chicken fillets, pour the sauce then mix thoroughly. Done
3. Serve and Enjoy!
1. You may add also wood ear mushrooms, prawns, tofu or bean sprouts.
Powered by Facebook Comments