Filipino style recipe: Ginataang hito or catfish in coconut cream recipe is another simple and easy recipe. Usually the catfish cooked in coconut milk, vinegar and other seasonings for 10 minutes.
Estimated time of preparation: 15 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 10 minutes
Good for 4 servings
1 whole catfish(hito), cleaned and cut into 2 inches
3/4 cup coconut vinegar
3 tsps. annatto powder(achuete),(optional)
1 can coconut milk(gata)
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons fish sauce(patis)
3 pieces bay leaves(laurel)
4 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
2 red onions, chopped
3 tablespoos ginger, chopped
1 tablespoon black pepper corns
salt and pepper to taste
1 stalk fresh spring onions, chopped(optional)
3 pieces red hot chili peppers(optional)
1. In a large pot, arrange garlic, onions and ginger at the bottom.
2. Arrange sliced catfish then pour vinegar, coconut milk, olive oil and fish sauce.
3. Sprinkle annatto powder, pepper corns and add bay leaves.
1. Cook in medium heat until sauce thickens. Carefully turn each side of fish after the sauce started boiling.
2. Season salt and pepper to taste then add hot chili peppers when it is about to finish cooking.
3. Transfer in serving plate and garnish with spring onions.
4. Serve hot with rice. Enjoy
Powered by Facebook Comments