Filipino Style Recipe: Chicken and green beans with spicy peanut sauce is one of the low carbohydrate dish. Normally the chicken stir fried and then cooked with green beans and peanut mixture.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 20-30 minutes
Good for 2-3 servings
250 grams chicken fillet, cut into serving pieces
250 grams fresh green beans, trimmed
2 teaspoons olive oil
3/4 cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon peanut butter
2 teaspoons honey
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon chili paste or chili flakes
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons toasted peanuts, grind(optional)
1. In a pot, cook green beans over boiling water for 5-8 minutes or until tender and crisp.
1. In bowl, combine peanut butter, honey, soy sauce, chili paste, lemon juice and chicken broth. Mix well.
1. In a pan, heat oil and cook chicken until golden brown and tender.
2. Pour the peanut mixture, simmer until sauce is slightly thickened.
3. Add steamed green beans, adjust seasoning according to taste.
4. Continue cooking until sauce is almost absorb.
5. Remove from heat. Transfer to serving bowl then garnish with toasted peanut. Done!
Powered by Facebook Comments