Filipino Style Recipe, Chicken Sopas or Chicken Macaroni Soup is an easy Filipino soup dish. It is mainly made up of macaroni pasta and chicken meat cooked in milk and chicken broth.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 30-40 minutes
Good for 4 servings
3 cups uncooked macaroni(elbow or shell)
2 pieces chicken breast
2 cups evaporated milk
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 large onions, minced
3 pieces hot dogs, sliced
1 medium carrot, sliced into strips
3-4 cups water
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 small cabbage, roughly shredded(optional)
1 piece chicken cubes(optional)
1. In a pot, pour water and boil chicken, chicken cubes, onion, salt and pepper until chicken is tender.
2. Remove the chicken and save the broth.
2. Shred the chicken into small pieces using your fingers. Set aside.
1. In a sauce pan, heat vegetable oil and saute garlic and onion.
2. Add the sliced hot dogs and the shredded chicken meat and saute for about a minute. Stir constantly.
3. Pour the chicken broth and bring to boil. Add water if needed.
4. Add carrots and macaroni pasta. Simmer until the macaroni is almost done.
5. Add milk and cabbage and continue stirring until simmering.
6. Adjust seasoning according to taste.
7. Remove from heat and transfer to serving bowl. Serve hot!
Powered by Facebook Comments