Filipino Style Recipe: stir fry chicken and broccoli is another healthy low carbohydrate dish. Normally the chicken marinade and cooked with steamed broccoli.
Estimated time preparation and cooking: 15-20 minutes
Good for 2-3 persons
500 grams chicken breasts or fillet, cut into serving pieces
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 thumb-sized ginger, minced
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch(dissolved in 1/4 cup water)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup broccoli florets
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 teaspoon chili flakes(optional)
1/4 cup toasted peanut or almonds(optional)
1. In a bowl, marinate chicken with garlic, ginger, soy sauce, sugar, salt and pepper for 15 minutes.
1. In a pot, boil water with salt. Once boiling, add broccoli and cook for 1 minutes.
2. Drain and rinse with cold water.
1. In a pan, heat olive oil and saute chili flakes.
2. Add chicken and marinate, cook until chicken is tender and color turns to golden brown.
3. Pour cornstarch mixture and bring to boil until thicken.
4. Add broccoli and toasted peanut.
5. Adjust seasoning according to taste.
6. Remove from heat then serve.
Powered by Facebook Comments