Filipino Style Recipe: chicken and corn soup is another soup dish that usually served during rainy season. Normally the chicken and corn boiled with carrots and beaten egg.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 20-30 minutes
Good for 2-3 servings
2 pieces chicken breast
1 can corn kernel, drained
1 small carrot, cubed
1 onion, diced
1 thumb-sized ginger, minced
5 cups water
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon sugar(optional)
chopped spring onion for garnishing(optional)
1. In a pot, boil water then add chicken, ginger, onion, sugar, salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes.
2. Remove chicken and shred using fork. Set aside.
1. Add carrot and corn into chicken broth and simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Lower the heat then pour the beaten egg slowly, stir while pouring.
3. Add shredded chicken and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Transfer to serving bowl, garnish with spring onion. Serve
Powered by Facebook Comments