Filipino Style Recipe: turon de saba is another typical Filipino meryenda(mid-afternoon snack). Turon is normally consists of cardava banana and jackfruit strips wrapped in lumpia wrapper then deep fried with a coating of caramelized brown sugar.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 30-40 minutes
12 pieces ripe cardava bananas(saging na saba), cut into lengthwise
1 cup Jackfruit strips(langka)
Spring rolls or lumpia wrappers
brown sugar, spread on a plate
1/2 cup brown sugar for cooking
oil for deep frying
1. Roll banana in sugar then arrange 2 pieces of coated banana in the middle of the wrapper.
3. Add 2 strips of jackfruit on the top of banana.
4. Wrap and roll the wrapper, use a bit of water to seal the edges.
1. In a frying pan, heat oil deep enough that wrapped banana is half-submerged.
2. When the oil is hot enough, sprinkle and spread sugar in the pan.
3. Add wrapped banana, deep fry until golden brown and crisp. Flip to coat evenly.
4. Make sure the wrapped banana is coated with caramelized sugar. Add more sugar if needed.
5. Drain on paper towel then serve.
Powered by Facebook Comments