Filipino Style Recipe: ginataang sitaw or sauteed string beans in coconut milk is healthy yet affordable dish. Normally the string beans(sitaw) cooked with pork in a blend of coconut milk and shrimp paste.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 20-30 minutes
Good for 3-4 servings
250 grams string beans(sitaw), cut into 2 inches
150 grams pork belly, cut into small pieces
1 1/2 cup coconut milk
1 onion, chopped
2 gloves garlic, minced
1 thumb-sized ginger, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons sauteed shrimp paste(I used Dizon Farm Shrimp Paste)
salt and pepper to taste
2 pieces green chili(siling haba), chopped(optional)
1. In a saucepan, cook pork meat until color turns to light brown and start to render oil.
2. Saute garlic, onion and ginger until translucent.
3. Add shrimp paste and continue sauteing until it’s cooked.
4. Pour coconut milk then bring to boil. Add water if necessary.
5. Season with salt and pepper according to taste then add chili and string beans.
6. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until tender then transfer to serving plate and serve immediately.
Powered by Facebook Comments