Filipino Style Recipe: oyster sisig is another variety of popular Filipino sisig. This dish is spicy and sour appetizer that usually served as finger food(pulutan). Normally the oyster meat comes fried and sauteed in garlic, onions, liquid seasoning and red hot chili. Serve in sizzling plate with calamansi.
Estimated time of preparation: 10 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 15-20 minutes
Good for 4-6 servings
1 kilo oyster, remove from the shell
5 gloves garlic, minced
3 onions, chopped
3-5 red hot chili(labuyo), chopped
1/2 cup cornstarch
1 raw egg, beaten
1/2 cup butter
salt and pepper to taste
3 tablespoons soy sauce or liquid seasoning
3 tablespoons mayonnaise(optional)
4-5 pieces calamansi
1. In a bowl, combine cornstarch, salt and pepper.
2. Dip oyster on beaten egg then dredge with cornstarch mixture.
3. In a pan, heat oil and fry coated oyster for 5 minutes or until colors turn to golden brown.
4. Drain on paper towel. Set aside.
1. In a pan, melt butter then saute garlic and onions.
2. Add fried oyster, liquid seasoning, ground pepper, chili and mayonnaise. Mix well.
5. Transfer to sizzling plate, serve with calamansi. Done
Powered by Facebook Comments