Filipino Style Recipe: vegetable chowder is a creamy vegetable dish that is made up of vegetables like broccoli, potatoes and carrots cooked in a blend of flour, milk and cheese.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 10-20 minutes
Good for 4-5 servings
4 cups broccoli florets, cut into serving pieces
2 medium potatoes, diced
2 medium carrots, sliced thinly
1-1/2 cups water
1 large onion, chopped
4 cups evaporated milk
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper to taste
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup cheddar cheese, cubed
1 chicken cube(optional)
4 slices ham or bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces(optional)
1 cup corn kernels(optional)
1. In a bowl, combine flour and 1 cup milk, mix until smooth. Set aside.
1. In a saucepan, pour water and bring to boil.
2. Add onion, carrots and potatoes.
3. Pour flour mixture, milk, chicken cube, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
4. Add broccoli, bacon and corn. Keep stirring until sauce thickened.
5. Remove from heat and add cheese just until melted. Serve.
Powered by Facebook Comments