Filipino Style Recipe: Banana Flan is made with condensed milk, egg yolks and mashed or sliced bananas as main ingredients. This dessert is usually steamed or rarely baked. This is similar to leche flan.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 60 minutes.
Good for 6- 8 llanera aluminum molds.
3 pieces very ripe bananas(lakatan), thinly sliced diagonally
10 egg yolks(pula ng itlog)
1 can(390 grams) evaporated milk
1 can(390 grams) condensed milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup water
4-5 Llanera aluminum molds
1. In a sauce pan, dissolve brown sugar and water over low heat until color turns to pale brown.(do not stir just swirl the pan gently)
2. Pour the syrup in the aluminum molds, spread the caramel on the bottom of the molds.
1. In a mixing bowl, combine egg yolks, condensed milk, evaporated milk and vanilla. Mix gently but not foamy. Remove any solids by using a strainer.
2. Pour the mixture on top of the caramel on the aluminum molds. Pour 1/2 inch thick of flan mixture then let it cool until half set.
3. Arrange slices of bananas on top then pour the remaining mixture to about 1 – 1 1/4 inch thick.
4. Cover molds with an aluminum foil, so that the moisture from the steam won’t come in the molds as it will become watery.
5. Steam for about 40-45 minutes.
6. Remove the molds and let it cool at room temperature then refrigerate for several hours before serving.
1. You may also blend or mashed the bananas.
Powered by Facebook Comments