Filipino Style Recipe: Lasagna is one of the popular Italian dish but the word Lasagna is a Greek word which refer to cooking pot rather than the pasta dish. This dish is made with a layer of wide-flat pasta shape, meat sauce and creamy white sauce and normally cooked through baking. But in this recipe, we will cooked lasagna quick, easy and no baking is required.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 25-30 minutes
1/2 kilo Lasagna pasta (cooked according to package direction)
1 kilo ground lean beef
6 gloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
1 big can four cheese pasta sauce(del monte) or spaghetti sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar
3 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup fresh basil, chopped(optional)
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup cornstarch
1 pack all-purpose cream
1/2 cup full cream milk
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
grated cheddar cheese
1. In a large pot, prepare lasagna pasta based on cooking instructions. Make sure to cooked it well then set aside.
1. In a sauce pan, heat oil and saute garlic and onion
2. Add ground beef, salt and pepper. Cook for 5-8 minutes or until tender.
3. Add four cheese pasta sauce, basil and brown sugar. Cook for 10 minutes.
4. Adjust seasoning according to taste. Remove from heat. Set aside.
1. In a separate pan, melt butter and add cornstarch. Mix until well blended.
2. Add all purpose cream, full cream milk, grated mozzarella cheese.
3. Mix well until thickens. Keep warm and set aside.
1. In a rectangular(12x8inch) baking dish, arrange pasta sheets at the bottom.
2. Spread a layer of meat sauce then a layer of white sauce.
3. Repeat alternate layering up to 4 layers is formed.
4. top with grated cheddar cheese and dried basil.
5. Let it cool for about 5 minutes before serving.
Powered by Facebook Comments