Filipino Style Recipe: Stir fry shrimp in tomato paste is another easy and quick shrimp dish. It usually consists of shrimp fried and cooked in tomato paste, soda and vinegar then season with salt and pepper.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 20-30 minutes
Good for 2-3 servings
12 large shrimps, peeled and deveined
1/2 egg white
1 tablespoons cornstarch
3/4 tablespoon tomato paste
1/4 cup vinegar
1 1/2 cups soda(sprite or 7-up)
salt and pepper to taste
cooking oil for frying
1. In a bowl, mix cornstarch, egg white and salt. Toss shrimp to coat evenly.
2. In a frying pan, heat oil and fry shrimp until color turns to golden brown. Drain and set aside.
1. In a sauce pan, pour tomato paste, soda, vinegar, salt and pepper.
2. Bring to boil until slightly reduced and thicken. Stir constantly.
3. Add fried shrimp and toss to coat. Remove from heat.
4. Transfer to serving plate then serve hot.
Powered by Facebook Comments