Filipino Style Recipe: Adobong tahong is another way of cooking mussels. This seafood dish is simple and easy recipe. Like the usual adobo recipe, the mussels stir fried in garlic, onion and ginger. Then cooked in soy sauce, vinegar season with salt.
Estimated time of preparation: 10 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 10-15 minutes
Good for 3-4 persons.
1 kilo mussels(tahong), cleaned with beard removed
1/4 cup soy sauce
4 tablespoons vinegar
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 thumb-sized ginger, cut in strips
2 pieces bay leaf
1 teaspoon peppercorns
1/2 cup mussels broth
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
sugar, salt to taste
chopped spring onion for garnishing(optional)
1. In a pot, place mussels and ginger then pour enough water. Bring to boil until the shells open.
2. Remove the mussels from the shell. Set aside mussels and the broth.
1. In a pan, heat oil and saute onion, garlic and ginger.
2. Add mussels, soy sauce, vinegar, bay leaf, peppercorns and chili flakes.
3. Pour broth and simmer for 5 minutes or until the sauce is almost absorb.
4. Season with sugar, salt according to taste.
5. Transfer to serving plate then sprinkle with spring onion. Serve with steamed rice.
Powered by Facebook Comments