Filipino Style Recipe: Polvoron is another popular and easy Filipino sweet delicacy that is made up of toasted flour, powdered milk and sugar. Some add flavoring like toasted pinipig which is the most common flavor, ground cookies and cream.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 30-40 minutes
4 cups all purpose flour
2 cups powdered milk
1 1/2 cup white sugar
1 1/8 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup flavoring(crushed toasted pinipig, ground cookies and cream(Oreo), chocolate powder, etc…)
* japanese paper or or cellophane
* polvoron moulder
1. In a pan over medium heat, toast flour for about 15 minutes or until color turns to light brown. Stir constantly.
2. Transfer to a bowl and let it cool. Set aside.
1. Add powdered milk and sugar then mix until well combined.
2. Pour melted butter then mix well until smooth.
3. Add the flavoring you choose then stir well.
1. In a polvoron mold, scoop and press the mixture until compact.
2. Wrap the molded polvoron with japanese paper then secure by twisting both ends.
3. Repeat until all the mixture are consumed. Done!
Powered by Facebook Comments