Filipino Style Recipe: pancit miki guisado is a stir fried noodle dish similar to pancit canton. Like other noodle dish, this recipe is made of pork meat, vegetables and miki noodles which is thinner compared to Lomi noodles. We added shrimps, squid balls and more vegetables to enhance the taste.
Estimated time of preparation: 20-30 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 20-30 minutes
Good for 5-8 persons
500 grams miki noodles
200 grams pork belly, slice into small pieces
200 grams shrimp, peeled
2 pieces carrots, sliced
1 cabbage, chopped
1/4 kilo green beans or snow peas(sitsaro)
1 cup celery(kintsay), sliced
6 gloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
3 tablespoons oyster sauce
2 cups hot water or chicken broth
2 tablespoons cooking oil
salt and pepper to taste
100 grams squid balls, cut into half(optional)
100 grams mushrooms(taingang daga)(optional)
100 grams chicken breast or liver(optional)
1/4 cup spring onions, diced(optional)
1. Wash miki noodles in running water. Drain and set aside.
1. In a wok, heat oil then saute the garlic and onions.
2. Add pork, liver and squid balls then cooked until color turns to brown.
5. Add oyster sauce and hot water then stir and bring to boil.
4. Add shrimps and vegetables then stir fry until the vegetables are half-cooked.
5. Add miki noodles then stir and cook for 3 minutes or until the liquid has been absorbed.
6. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper according to taste.
7. Transfer to a serving plate then garnish with spring onion. Serve and enjoy.
(Thank you to my Mom for sharing her recipe)
Powered by Facebook Comments