Filipino Style Recipe: sago at gulaman is a popular refreshing beverage and usually served during summer season. This refreshing drinks is made of tapioca pearls(sago), gelatin(gulaman), sugar syrup and crushed ice.
Estimated time of preparation: 10-15 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 15-20 minutes
Good for 4-6 servings
2 cups dark brown sugar
2 cups boiling water
1. In a square pan, dissolved gelatin powder in boiling water then stir until completely dissolved. Let it cool and place in fridge until firm.
2. Cut into small cubes. Set aside.
1. In a saucepan, boil water then dissolved brown sugar. Stir until dissolved then let it cool and set aside.
1. In a glass, place tapioca pearls and cubed gelatin.
2. Pour the syrup then top with crushed ice. Serve cold!
How to cook Tapioca Pearls:
1. Soak tapioca pearls in water for 3 hours then cook in boiling water for 15 minutes or until turn clear.
2. Stir constantly to prevent sticking then drain and transfer to a bowl of cold water. Set aside
Powered by Facebook Comments