Filipino Style Recipe: Banana cream crepes is a popular dessert made of very thin pancakes originated from France. It is consists of flour, eggs, milk, vanilla and salt whisk together then chilled overnight. Cooked and swirl in hot pan with butter until almost set. I got this idea from one of the stall somewhere in Boracay last month, they served crepes with different variety of fillings. I used banana slices and vanilla ice cream in this recipe, but you may choose your own combination of fillings.
Estimated time of preparation: 10 minutes(plus chilling time)
Estimated time of cooking: 5 minutes
Good for 6 crepes
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract(optional)
1 ripe plantain, sliced
vanilla ice cream
1. In a bowl, combine flour and eggs. Whisk well.
2. Add milk, vanilla extract, butter and salt. Mix until well combine.
3. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
1. In a non-stick pan, melt butter then scoop and pour 1/4 cup of batter.
2. Swirl the batter then cook for 20 seconds or until almost set. Flip and cook the other side.
3.Transfer to serving plate then place the banana slices and a scoop of vanilla ice cream in the center.
4. Fold both side to form a triangle then serve.
Powered by Facebook Comments