Filipino Style Recipe: Sweet and spicy calamares is comprises a squid as main ingredient. Normally the squid cut into rings then mix with batter then deep fried for a minute. Mix to coat in a sweet and spicy sauce made of honey, hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 20 minutes.
Good for 2-3 persons
500 grams squid, clean and cut into rings
1 egg, beaten
3/4 cup flour
1 cup breadcrumbs(optional)
salt and pepper to taste
vegetable oil for frying
1/2 cup liquid honey
3 tablespoons hot sauce
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1. In a small bowl, combine honey, hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Mix well and set aside.
1. In a bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper. Mix well.
2. Add squid then dip in beaten egg then roll in breadcrumbs. Set aside.
1. In a frying pan, heat oil and fry the squid for 1 minute or until golden brown. Do not overcooked.
2. Remove squids and drain on paper towels.
3. Transfer the fried calamares in serving plate and pour the sauce on top. Mix to coat then serve.
Powered by Facebook Comments