Filipino Style Recipe: Kangkong(water spinach) with bagoong guisado(sauteed shrimp paste) is an easy and simple side dish. Kangkong is usually steamed or blanched for 2-3 minutes then rinse in cold water to maintain the color, texture, flavor and stop the cooking. This is usually serve during breakfast with sauteed shrimp paste.
Estimated time preparation and cooking: 15-20 minutes
Good for 2-3 persons
Sauteed Shrimp Paste:
1/2 cup bagoong alamang(shrimp paste)
100 grams pork, cut into small pieces
4 gloves garlic, finely minced
1 onion, finely minced
1 large tomatoes, minced
sugar and vinegar to taste
1. In a pan, heat oil and saute, garlic, onion and tomatoes until soft.
2. Add the pork and cook for until golden brown.
3. Add bagoong alamang, vinegar and sugar then simmer for 10 minutes. Set aside.
1. In a pot, boil water then blanch kangkong for 3 minutes.
2. In a strainer, drain kangkong and rinse with cold water.
3. Let the excess water drip off then cut into 5 inch.
4. Arrange in a serving plate then serve with sauteed shrimp paste.
1. If you want to skip Part 1, sauteed shrimp paste is also available in grocery stores. I recommend a regular sauteed shrimp paste from Dizon farm.
Powered by Facebook Comments