Filipino Style Recipe: baked stuffed eggplant is a special dish made of eggplants filled with ground meat then topped with grated cheese. The stuffed eggplant cooked in a oven until brown and soft.
Estimated time of preparation: 10 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 20 minutes
Estimated time of baking: 60 minutes
Good for 8 pieces
4 small eggplants
1/4 kilo ground pork or beef
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, minced
2 tomatoes, diced
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1 egg, beaten
1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
salt and pepper to taste
5 tablespoons olive oil
1. Cut the eggplant in half then remove the crown and the stem.
2. Scoop out the center leaving the skin 1/8 inch thick.
3. Chopped the eggplant pulp into small pieces. Set aside.
1. In a pan, heat oil then saute garlic, onion and tomatoes.
2. Add chopped eggplant and cook for 3 minutes or until soft.
3. Add ground meat and saute until starts to brown.
4. Season with salt and pepper then cooked until the liquid absorbed. Set aside.
1. In a bowl, combine ground meat mixture, bread crumbs and egg. Mix until blended.
1. Fill the eggplant with mixture then sprinkle with grated cheese.
2. Bake over 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 1 hour or until brown and soft. Let it cool then serve.
(photo credit to motdakasha)
Powered by Facebook Comments