Filipino Style Recipe: how to make egg white leche flan dessert? Egg white leche flan is similar to usual leche flan but instead of egg yolk we will use egg white. First we have to dissolve and caramelize the brown sugar in a molds then pour the white egg mixture then cook in a steamer until firm.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 60 minutes. Good for 4- 5 llanera aluminum molds.
10 egg whites(puti ng itlog)
1 can(390 grams) evaporated milk
1 can(390 grams) fat free condensed milk
2 teaspoons calamansi juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract(optional)
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup water
4-5 Llanera aluminum molds
1. In a sauce pan, dissolve brown sugar with water over low heat until golden brown. Swirl gently.
2. Pour the syrup in the aluminum molds then spread evenly.
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the other ingredients then whisk well.
2. Strain and pour the mixture on top of the syrup for about 1 to 1 1/4 inch thick.
3. Cover with aluminum foil then steam in medium heat for about 40-45 minutes.
4. Remove the molds and let it cool at room temperature then refrigerate for several hours before serving.
1. To remove the leche flan from mold, run a thin knife around the edges of the mold to loosen the leche flan. Place a platter on top of the mold and quickly turn upside down to position the golden brown caramel on top.
2. Leche flan is cooked by inserting a knife in the center comes out clean.
Powered by Facebook Comments