Filipino Style Recipe: Spicy tuna pasta is another easy and simple pasta dish. It is consists of sauteed spicy tuna flakes with tomatoes, chili, garlic, onion and parsley then stir cook together with pasta until done. Spicy tuna pasta is usually serve as meryenda(mid-afternoon snack) or in any special occasion.
250 grams linguine or any pasta
1 can(185 grams) spicy tuna flakes, drained
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, minced
2 tomatoes, diced
1/4 teaspoon chili flakes or chopped bird’s eye chili
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese(optional)
2 tablespoons sliced black olives(optional)
1 tablespoon capers(optional)
1. In a large pot, prepare the pasta based on cooking instructions. Drain and set aside.
1. In a pan, heat olive oil then saute garlic and onion until translucent.
2. Add tomatoes and tuna then continue sauteing for 5 minutes.
3. Add black olives, capers and chili then season with salt and pepper.
4. Add pasta and parsley then stir cook for a minute. Turn off the heat.
5. Arrange spicy tuna pasta into serving plate then sprinkle remaining parsley and top with grated cheese. Serve!
Powered by Facebook Comments