Filipino Style Recipe: apple bread pudding is a bread-based dessert popular in many countries including the Philippines. There are several ways to make bread pudding, normally the bread(leftover) break and then soak in milk, egg, sugar and other fruits. Bake for 30 minutes or until the knife comes out clean when inserted. Thanks to citydelivery.ph for delivering my ingredients from Walter Mart.
Estimated time of preparation: 10-12 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 30 minutes
6 slices white bread(leftover), break into pieces
1/2 apple, diced
1/2 apple, sliced(optional)
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
4 eggs, beaten
2 cups evaporated milk
3/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. In a 8 inch baking pan, toss bread and apples then drizzle the melted butter.
2. In a bowl, combine beaten eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. Mix well.
3. Pour the egg mixture over the bread then push with fork until the bread is fully soaked.
4. Arrange apple slices on top then bake in a preheated oven over 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes or until the knife comes out clean when inserted.
5. Remove from oven and let it cool. Slice into serving pieces then serve.
(Thanks to Ms. Rochelle for sharing)
Powered by Facebook Comments