Filipino Style Recipe: Sinigang na liempo is another variety of tamarind soup dish that consists of pork liempo cooked in tamarind soup together with other vegetables. This dish has a sour taste that is usually serve as main dish specially during rainy season.
Estimated time of preparation: 15 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 40 minutes
Good for 4-6 persons
1 kilo pork liempo, cut into serving pieces
10 tamarind(sampalok) or 1 pack sampaloc mix
1 big-sized onion, chopped
5 medium-sized tomatoes, quartered
3 medium-sized taro(gabi), peeled and cut into cubes
1 radish, sliced
1 bundle of string beans(sitaw), cut into 2 inches long
1 bundle of river spinach(kangkong leaves)
3 pieces green pepper(siling haba)
salt and fish Sauce(patis)
1 liter water
1.Boil tamarind, pound and strain the juice. Set aside.
1. In a casserole, place pork then pour water and bring to boil until tender.
2. Add onion, tomatoes, and tamarind juice then bring to boil.
3. Add gabi then simmer until tender.
4. Add radish, okra, green pepper, and string beans then simmer for another 5 minutes.
6. Adjust seasoning with fish sauce then add kangkong.
7. Turn off the heat then let it sit for 1-2 minutes or until kangkong is cooked.
8. Transfer to serving bowl then serve hot with steamed rice.
Powered by Facebook Comments