Filipino Style Recipe: Pasta negra or ink pasta is another seafood-pasta dish that commonly served in restaurant. This dish is made of spaghetti pasta, squid and ink sac cooked and toss together until blend. Sometimes we add chili flakes, clams, shrimps and basil.
Estimated time of preparation: 10 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 10-12 minutes
Good for 4-5 persons
400 grams spaghetti pasta
500 grams fresh squid, cleaned and cut into rings then reserve ink sac
8 cloves garlic, minced
1 thumb-sized ginger, grated
1 tablespoon cornstarch(dissolved in 1 tablespoon water)
salt and pepper to taste
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
3 tablespoons vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup parsley, chopped(optional)
2 tablespoons soy sauce(optional)
1/4 teaspoon dried chili flakes(optional)
mussels and shrimps, cooked(optional)
1. In a large pot, prepare pasta based on cooking instructions. Drain and set aside.
2. In a bowl, add squid, vinegar and salt then set aside.
1. In a large pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil then saute garlic, grated ginger and chili flakes.
2. Add squid, ink sac, soy sauce and cornstarch then simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Add mussels, shrimps and parsley then adjust seasoning according to taste.
4. Add spaghetti and half of cheese then toss.
5. Transfer to serving plate then arrange seafood and top with parsley.
6. Sprinkle with remaining grated cheese and serve immediately.
Powered by Facebook Comments