Filipino Style Recipe: Cheesy hotdog in tomato sauce is another easy and simple dish that is made of hotdog sauteed and cooked in tomato sauce then sprinkle with cheese. This can be served as pasta sauce, appetizer or pulutan or can be served together with steamed rice.
Estimated time of preparation: 10 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 10 minutes
Good for 2-3 persons
8 pieces jumbo hotdogs, sliced diagonally
70 grams mozzarella or quick melt cheese, grated
100 grams tomato sauce
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 white onion, chopped
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon dried chili flakes
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup water
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a pan, melt butter then saute garlic, onion and dried basil.
2. Add hotdogs and chili flakes then continue sauteing for 3-5 minutes.
3. Add tomato sauce and water then simmer for 3 minutes.
4. Season with salt and pepper according to taste.
5. Add grated cheese then simmer for another minute or until cheese is melted.
6. Remove from heat then transfer to serving bowl. Serve
Powered by Facebook Comments