Filipino Style Recipe: Sinabawang halaan recipe or clam soup is a simple yet delicious seafood dish that’s commonly served by Filipinos. The usual way of eating clams is by using your hands then scoop the meat out of the shell using your mouth. This is usually served during rainy season and it’s a good source of energy for lactating mothers.
Estimated time of preparation: 8 minutes(plus soaking time)
Estimated time of cooking: 15 minutes
Good for 3-5 persons.
1/2 kilo fresh clams(halaan), Wash thoroughly and drain
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 thumb-sized ginger, thinly sliced
1 onion, sliced
1 tomato, chopped
2 cups water or rice washing
3 tablespoon fish sauce(patis) or salt
1 teaspoon ground pepper
butter or cooking oil
1. In a large bowl, place clams with water and salt. Cover and set aside for several hours or overnight. (This will allow the clams to expel sand).
1. In a wok, melt butter then saute ginger, garlic and onion until translucent.
2. Add tomatoes then continue sauteing for 3 minutes.
3. Add fish sauce and the clams then saute for another 2 minutes.
4. Pour water then cover and let boil.Adjust seasoning with salt and ground pepper.
5. Continue cooking over a high heat until clams open.
6. Transfer to serving bowl then serve with steamed rice.
Powered by Facebook Comments