Filipino Style Recipe: chicken menudo is another mouth-watering tomato-based dish. The procedure is almost the same to pork menudo and chicken afritada. The chicken marinated then cooked in tomato sauce together with vegetables and other ingredients.
Estimated time of preparation: 15 minutes(plus marinating time)
Estimated time of cooking: 30-40 minutes
Good for 4-5 persons
3/4 kilo chicken breast, cut into cubes
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
2 potatoes, cut into cubes
1 carrot, cut into cubes
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 cup tomato sauce
1 cup water
2 pieces hotdog, sliced
2 tablespoons dried raisins
2 bay leaves
3 pieces calamansi, juice
1/4 cup soy sauce
5 tablespoons cooking oil
brown sugar, salt and pepper to taste
1 chicken bouillon(optional)
1/2 cup sweet peas(optional)
2 tablespoons liver spread(optional)
1. In a large bowl, marinate the chicken in calamansi juice and soy sauce for 15 minutes. Set aside.
2. In a large pot, heat cooking oil and fry potatoes and carrots until light brown. Drain and set aside.
1. In the same pot, reduce oil then saute garlic and onion.
2. Add marinated chicken then stir cook for 3 minutes.
3. Pour water, chicken bouillon and tomato sauce then simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is tender.
4. Add potatoes, carrots, red bell pepper, raisins, hotdog, sweet peas, bay leaves and liver spread then simmer for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
5. Adjust seasoning with brown sugar, salt and pepper according to taste.
6. Remove from heat then transfer to serving bowl.Serve immediately with steamed rice.
Powered by Facebook Comments