Filipino Style Recipe: pork and egg menudo is another simple yet delicious tomato-based pork dish. The pork marinated and cooked in tomato sauce together with sweet peas, bell pepper and hard-boiled eggs.
Estimated time of preparation: 10-12 minutes(plus marinating time)
Estimated time of cooking: 30-40 minutes
Good for 3-4 persons
3/4 kilo pork, cut into cubes
10 pieces quail eggs
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
1 green or red bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup sweet peas
2 cups tomato sauce
1/2 piece lemon or 4 pieces calamansi
4 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons cooking oil
1 cup water
brown sugar, salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large bowl, marinate pork in calamansi juice and soy sauce for an hour. Set aside.
2. In a pot, boil water then cook quail eggs for 15 minutes. Drain and let it cool then remove shells and set aside.
1. In a large pot, heat cooking oil then saute garlic and onion.
2. Add marinated pork and water, simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Add tomato sauce then simmer for 10 minutes until pork is tender.
4. Add sweet peas, bell pepper, and hard-boiled quail eggs then simmer for another 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
5. Season with brown sugar, salt and pepper according to taste.
6. Remove from heat, Serve hot!
Powered by Facebook Comments