Filipino Style Recipe: Seafood Fusilli in Creamy White Sauce is another creamy and mouth-watering seafood-pasta dish. It is consists of clams cooked in creamy white sauce then tossed together with fusilli. This can be served as meryenda(mid-afternoon snack) or in any special occasion.
Estimated time of preparation: 15 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 20-30 minutes
Good for 4-6 persons
400 grams fusilli or spiral pasta
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 head garlic, peeled and chopped
1 onion, chopped
1/4 teaspoon dried chili flakes(optional)
1/4 cup sliced mushroom
2 tablespoons sliced black olives
750 grams clams
1 big can evaporated milk
2 x 250 ml all purpose cream
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
salt and pepper to taste
chopped basil for garnishing
1. In a large pot, prepare pasta based on cooking instructions. Drain and set aside.
1. In a pan, heat oil then saute garlic, onion and chili flakes until light brown.
2. Add the mushroom and olives then saute for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add clams, cover and simmer until shells open.
4. Add the evaporated milk and all purpose cream then bring to boil while keep stirring.
5. Add the grated cheese, salt and pepper to taste then keep stirring for about 3-5 minutes or until beginning to thicken.
6. Turn off the heat, add pasta then toss well.
7. Transfer to serving plate, top with grated cheese and garnish with basil. Serve!
Powered by Facebook Comments