Filipino Style Recipe: Sauteed Shrimp Paste or Ginisang Bagoong Alamang is popular Filipino dip together with raw mango. Filipino shrimp paste is made from fermented krill(alamang) sauteed in ginger, garlic, onion and tomatoes. This is commonly served as side dish or paired with mango, turnip, steamed spinach, etc.
2 cups raw shrimp paste(alamang)
1 cup pork meat with fat, cut into small pieces
5 cloves garlic
1 onion, chopped
3 tomatoes, chopped
1 thumb-sized ginger, julienned
3 pieces red chili(labuyo), chopped
2 Tablespoons vinegar
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1/3 cup water
Part 1 (Optional)
1. Wash shrimp paste into running water then drain well.(This will help to reduce the saltiness of shrimp paste).
1. In a pan, stir cook pork fat until oil comes out then add pork meat and stir cook until golden brown.
2. Add ginger, garlic, onion, tomatoes then saute for 3 minutes.
3. Add shrimp paste, water, chili, vinegar and sugar then stir cook over low heat for 15 minutes.
4. Adjust seasoning according to taste. Remove from heat then serve as side dish or pair with raw mango.
Powered by Facebook Comments