Filipino Style Recipe: Dark chocolate muffin is a rich chocolate taste pastry topped with chocolate frosting and chocolate sprinkles. This is a perfect treat for your kids and guests.
Good for 8-10 muffins
1/2 cup dark chocolate, chopped (I used Beryl’s Gourmet – Dark Compound)
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup sugar syrup (dissolve 1 cup sugar in 1/4 cup water)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup chopped Beryl’s Dark Compound chocolate bar
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp sugar syrup
1 tsp vanilla
choco sprinkles (optional)
1. Prepare muffin pan by brushing with butter and sprinkling with flour.
2. In a separate pan, melt the butter and sugar syrup over low heat then stir in chocolate until melted. Remove from heat.
3. Add sugar and eggs then stir. Add vanilla and flour then mix until just blended.
4. Pour the mixture into the muffin pan and bake in a preheated oven over 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes or until center springs back when touched.
5. Remove from oven and let it cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan.
1. To make the frosting, combine butter, sugar syrup, and chocolates over low heat until melted. Remove from heat then stir in vanilla.
2. Frost top of the muffins then add sprinkles. Serve and enjoy!
Powered by Facebook Comments