Filipino Style Recipe: Pork Guisantes is a simple yet delicious tomato-based pork dish cooked in tomato sauce together with green peas. This dish can be served together with steamed rice during lunch time.
Estimated time of preparation: 10 minutes
Estimated time of cooking: 30-40 minutes
Good for 3-4 persons
500 grams pork, cut into serving pieces
1 small pack tomato sauce
1 cup water
2 tablespoons green peas
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
3 bay leaves
2 tablespoons fish sauce
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a pan, heat oil then saute garlic and onion until translucent.
2. Add pork then continue sauteing until light brown.
3. Add fish sauce, bay leaves, water and tomato sauce then simmer in a low heat for 20 minutes or until tender.
4. Add green peas, cover and cook for another 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Transfer to serving plate then serve with steamed rice. Enjoy!
Powered by Facebook Comments