Filipino Style Recipe: Pandan Suman is another variety of Filipino delicacy from glutinous rice wrapped in banana leaves together with sugar, salt, coconut cream and pandan extract. This delicacy is cook in a boiling water for 2 hours then serve with your favorite dip.
Estimated time of preparation: 40 minutes(plus soaking time)
Estimated time of cooking: 2-2.5 hours
4 cups glutinous rice(malagkit)
2 cups white sugar
a dash of salt
1 teaspoon Pandan extract
2 tablespoon coconut cream
banana leaves, cleaned and cut into bigger sized
cotton strings or any food-safe string
1. In a bowl, place glutinous rice and water then soak for at least 3 hours.
2. Singe the banana leaves into flames for a few seconds but do not burn. Let it cool then wipe with clean cloth.
1. Wash and rinse the glutinous rice then drain excess water.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine glutinous rice, sugar, salt, pandan flavoring and coconut cream then mix until well combined.
3. Arrange 2 pieces banana leaf on a flat surface then scoop 3-4 tablespoons of rice mixture, fold the leaf to wrap the rice mixture.
4. Grab 2 pieces of wrapped rice mixture then tie with folded sides together using cotton string.
1. In a big pot, arrange the pieces then pour enough water to cover the wrapped rice mixture.
2. Bring to boil in a low heat for at least 2 hours or until done.
3. Unwrap then transfer to serving plate. Serve with your favorite dip.
Powered by Facebook Comments