Filipino Style Recipe: Paksiw na Bagnet is another simple and easy Filipino pork dish. This is similar to lechon paksiw but instead of roasted pork we used bagnet. Bagnet is a popular delicacy in Ilocos made from pork belly deep fried until crispy and blister on skin.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 20 minutes
Good for 3-4 persons
1/2 kilo bagnet, cut into serving pieces
1/4 cup lechon sauce
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 medium onion, chopped
1 teaspoon peppercorn
1 bay leaf(laurel)
2 tablespoon vinegar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup water
salt to taste
1/4 cup liver spread(optional)
1. In a pan, heat bagnet until start to render oil.
2. Add garlic and onions then saute until translucent.
3. Pour water, peppercorn and bay leaf then bring to boil.
4. Pour vinegar and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Add the sugar, liver spread and lechon sauce then simmer for another 5 minutes.
6. Adjust seasoning with salt according to taste.
7. Remove from heat and serve with steamed rice. Enjoy!
Powered by Facebook Comments