Filipino Style Recipe: Shredded chicken sotanghon soup is another soup dish made in shredded chicken breast cooked in stock together with sotanghon, mushrooms, and other vegetables. This is commonly served during rainy season.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 30-40 minutes
500 grams chicken breast, legs or thighs
200 grams sotanghon noodles
7 cups chicken stock
1 small carrots, cut into strips
3/4 cup cabbage, shredded
3 gloves garlic, minced
1 medium onion, sliced
2 tablespoons fish sauce(patis)
2 tablespoon olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 tablespoon achuete(annatto), dilute in 1 cup hot water (optional)
30 grams dried Chinese black mushrooms(shiitake), (optional)
2 onion leeks or spring onion, chopped(optional)
1. In a pot, boil water then add chicken and salt. Cook for 10 minutes.
2. Remove chicken and reserve the stock. Shred the chicken using fork. Set aside.
3. In a bowl, arrange mushrooms and soak in hot water for 15 minutes. Drain, slice and set aside.
4. In a separate bowl, Cut the sotanghon to desired length and soak in hot water until soft.
1. In a pot, heat oil and saute garlic, onion.
2. Add chicken, mushrooms and season with fish sauce and pepper. Stir fry for 3 minutes.
3. Pour annatto water, chicken stock, chicken bouillon then cover and bring to boil for 5 minutes.
4. Add carrots then cook for another 3 minutes.
5. Add sotanghon, cabbage and onion leeks then simmer for another minute.
6. Transfer to serving bowl sprinkle with toasted garlic. Serve with calamansi and fish sauce.
Powered by Facebook Comments