Filipino Style Recipe: Suman sa ibos is a popular Filipino delicacy made from glutinous rice, coconut milk and salt then wrap in buri leaves. Cook in a boiling water until done then serve with latik sauce.
Estimated time of preparation: 30 minutes(plus soaking time)
Estimated time of cooking: 1-2 hours
1. In a large bowl, place glutinous rice, coconut milk and salt then leave it for at least 20 minutes or until the rice absorb the coconut milk. Set aside.
Part2 (To make a buri wrapper)
1. Fold the end of buri leaf by half inch then fold the bottom edge into a triangle.
2. Swirl the buri leaf in an overlapping manner to make a tube then lock to prevent from swirling back.
3. Scoop the mixture into mold then seal then end with toothpick and tie with buri strips. Set aside.
1. In a big pot, arrange the pieces then pour enough water to cover the wrapped rice mixture.
2. Bring to boil in a low heat for at least 1 1/2 hours or until done.
3. Remove from the pot then let it cool.
4. Unwrap then transfer to serving plate. Serve with latik.
Powered by Facebook Comments