Filipino Style Recipe: Homemade Ham or hamonado is a popular and special dish during Christmas season. Normally the meat cured and cooked in a special sweet broth until glazed and roasted.
3 kilos pig’s leg without bones
7 cups pineapple juice
1 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoon salt
3 pieces bay leaves
1 head garlic, pounded
1 cup pineapple juice
1/2 cup brown sugar
1. In a deep pot, combine pineapple juice, brown sugar, bay leaves and garlic. Stir until dissolved.
2. Add meat then cover and simmer over low heat for an hour. Let it cool then refrigerate inside the fridge overnight.
1. Let stand the meat for an hour or until reaches room temperature.
2. Score the meat surface in a diamond pattern.
Part 3 (Pineapple Glaze)
1. In a sauce pan, combine pineapple juice and brown sugar then simmer until thickened. Keep stirring.
1. Using a pastry brush, brush the meat with pineapple glaze then bake in a preheated oven over 325 degrees Fahrenheit for at least an hour or until nicely browned. (basting every 15 minutes with remaining glaze)
2. Remove from oven then brush with remaining juices. Slice and serve.
Powered by Facebook Comments