Filipino Style Recipe: Crispy Soy Garlic Squid is comprises a squid as main ingredient. Normally the squid cut into rings then mix with batter then deep fried for a minute. Mix to coat in a soy garlic sauce made of soy sauce, garlic, brown sugar and butter.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 20 minutes.
Good for 2-3 persons
500 grams squid, clean and cut into rings
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup flour
1 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
salt and pepper to taste
vegetable oil for frying
1 head garlic, peeled and chopped
1 tablespoon butter
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar
3 stalks onion leeks, sliced diagonally
1. In a small bowl, combine soy sauce and brown sugar. Mix well and set aside.
2. In a pan, heat oil then fry garlic until light brown. Drain and set aside.
3. In a same pan, add butter, soy-sugar mixture and onion leeks. Simmer then remove from heat.
1. In a bowl, combine flour, cayenne powder, salt and pepper. Mix well.
2. Add squid then dip in beaten egg then roll in breadcrumbs. Set aside.
1. In a frying pan, heat oil and fry the squid for 1 minute or until golden brown. Do not overcooked.
2. Remove squids and drain on paper towels.
3. Transfer the squid in serving plate then pour the sauce on top. Mix to coat then sprinkle with toasted garlic. Serve.
Powered by Facebook Comments