Filipino Style Recipe: Gising gising, sigarilyas is another variety of popular Bicolano dish. Gising gising has a spicy, salty and creamy taste similar to Bicol express. This dish is made up of chopped sigarilyas cooked in shrimp paste and coconut cream.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 20-30 minutes
Good for 4-5 servings
500 grams sigarilyas, sliced into small pieces
300 grams chicken meat, cut into small pieces
2 tablespoons sauteed shrimp paste(bagoong alamang)
1 cup coconut cream(1st extract)
1 cup coconut milk(2nd extract)
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
1 thumb-sized ginger, julienned
2 pieces tomatoes, chopped
4-5 pieces red hot chillies(labuyo), sliced into small pieces
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. In a sauce pan, heat oil then saute garlic, onion, ginger and tomatoes.
2. Add shrimp paste then continue sauteing for a minute or until it’s cooked.
3. Add chicken then stir cook until tender.
4. Pour coconut milk then bring to boil until reduced.
5. Pour coconut cream and chicken bouillon then bring to boil.
6. Add sigarilyas and chopped chili, cook for 3 minutes or until tender and crisp.
7. Adjust seasoning according to taste then cook for another minute or the sauce is reduced and thick
8. Transfer to serving plate then serve.
Powered by Facebook Comments