Filipino Style Recipe: Sauteed kangkong in oyster sauce is a simple and affordable dish made of water spinach sauteed and cooked together with smoked fish and oyster sauce.
Estimated time of preparation and cooking: 15 minutes
2 bunch of Kangkong (water spinach), cut into 2inch
3 pieces fried/left-over tinapa (smoked fish), flakes and discard bones
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
3 tablespoons oyster sauce
1/2 teaspoon cornstarch, dissolved in 1/2 cup broth
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
a dash of dried chili flakes
fish sauce and ground pepper to taste
sesame seeds, toasted (optional)
1. In a bowl, combine oyster sauce, sesame oil, cornstarch and broth then mix until well blended.
1. In a pan, heat oil then saute garlic and onion
2. Add tinapa flakes then continue sauteing for a minute.
3. Add kangkong stalks then stir cook for another minute.
4. Pour oyster sauce mixture and chili flakes then bring to boil. Adjust seasoning according to taste.
5. Add kangkong leaves then simmer for a minute.
6. Transfer to serving plate then sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
Powered by Facebook Comments